Fennel, onion and olive pizza
I have always wondered what fennel looks like, and now I know. I came across this recipe the other week and decided it was time to finally buy some fennel. The pizzas smelled fantastic (all licorice-y from the fennel) and they tasted great.
- 4 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 bulb of fennel, in small-ish slices
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- handful of fennel fronds
- small amount of grated mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 475F / 245C.
- Mix the fennel, onion, olives and olive oil in a bowl.
- Spread the mix over the pizzas.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fennel fronds and serve.